Saturday, January 24, 2009

Mamita Visiting...

Well having my grandmother was such a treat! She came to work with me very day, she did Zumba, cooked and taught me how to make Guatemalan food, tried to teach me how to sew (I say tried because I'm not sure that I can do the project she left me to do, without her help), and gave me massages just about every day! I was spoiled; like Tim said- "Spoiled rotten".




She loved seeing the snow even though she was freezing cold.



Grandmom enjoyed playing games so much, she loved
playing UNO with Tim





I just had wonderful time with her here that it made me a little home sick. I’m sure Timothy was ready for her to go back since I told them I will not translate for them any more and he didn’t really care for the food as much. But after all he was such a great host and my grandmother thinks he is just the best person and husband ever- and I would have to agree. He is just the BEST



Here are a few pictures of me trying to sew and pictures of my finished project.



Here is the finished project.... I'm supposed to do another all by
myself but I'm not sure I will be able to do it...??






Me, trying to have patience and do the stitching perfectly,
just like Grandmother want it.


Grandmother trying to show me how to stitch in a straight line
I guess it has to be perfect....

Here are some of the food we made.



Bean Soup with rice. (Sopa de Frijoles con Aroz) Which I


should know how to make both but I did not… Shame of me…!!



Stuffed Chilies (Chilles Renenos) Which I’m not sure I’m willing to make them
without her help, since it took us all morning to make them… way to long for me…. ;o)



Bunuelos (Spanish Dessert)

2 comments:

  1. I can't imagine why Tim didn't like all that food! He is so adventurous when it comes to food! ha ha! Your grandmother is a force to be recon with for sure, which explains why you are such an amazing person! Muah!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your dishes looked beatiful! Looks like something you'd see out of a magazine. My food never looks that good :)

    ReplyDelete