Well there are many different legends about how Valentine’s Day started, so I tried to do some research and when I read this one I thought is probably the must correct one so here it is. Valentine was a priest who served in third century Rome. Emperor Claudius II was the Emperor during this time and he thought that single men where better soldiers then those who where married, so he outlawed marriage for young men hoping for a better and stronger military base. Apparently, Valentine, disagreed and chose to marry young couples secretly and when the Emperor found out he was so angry and had Valentine killed.
Every February, across the country, candy, flowers, and gifts are exchanged between loved ones, all in the name of St. Valentine. Maybe, I will never know the real and true story about the St Valentine, but this much I know… I’m happy to have another excuse to demonstrate to Timothy how special and loved he is by me. Happy Valentine’s Day baby, I love you. Thanks for taking me out for dinner to Montgomery Inn, it was great!
"I love you, not only for what you are, But for what I am when I am with you."




No comments:
Post a Comment